So what does stuck look like?
For me it’s the repetition of the hum-drum – the merry-go-round of life.
It’s the pattern of doing the same old stuff, saying the same old stuff, hearing the same old stuff!
And for a while it’s ok – it’s a familiar rhythm, but then comes the itch – it starts somewhere in the quiet of your mind or maybe your deep in your heart – that nagging feeling that surely there’s more to life… there has to be right?
That’s the question I have asked myself many a time.
It’s a great question to ponder because in doing so it makes us consider our reality and start to think about what’s missing, time to ask ourselves, ‘what do I want and NOT want’.
I for one, get motivated by this question as this will often lead me into stepping up in my life. I start to reflect on my goals – am I there yet? (quietly let me tell you that NO I’m not).
So what to at times like this? Firstly acknowledge your feelings and own them. Remember you are where you are because of all the choices you have made. You got yourself here and it’s up to you to get yourself elsewhere!
My advice…Don’t look back – you’re not going that way! The past is gone, we can’t change it – but we can learn from it and move forward.
I know I am still a work in progress with much yet to achieve. But I am lucky that I have found a way to stretch myself, I am on my own journey of discovery but this does require me to get uncomfortable sometimes – but as they stay if you don’t get uncomfortable you’re not growing.
If you are looking for new opportunities please contact me, but meantime read on for some easy ways to start making change!
Top tips for when you are stuck:
- Make a list of things that are contributing to making you feel stuck – is it something at work? Is it your relationship? Are you at Uni studying something you realise you’re not interested in?
- Commit to changing just one or two things – nothing huge, something manageable – it might be something as simple as getting up earlier and investing in you time – (gym, meditation, positive mindset talk – reading or audio).
- Talk to a friend – I love to share my thoughts with a close girlfriend. “A problem shared is a problem halved”!
- Change up your diet – good clean eating is a great way to reset you metabolism and boost energy. This can have a great effect on mind and body.
- Get outdoors – nature is a great leveller. Take time to look, listen, smell!
- Do a good deed for someone else – giving and taking the focus off yourself does something good for your internal chemistry. It can lift your spirits and have you feel a new sense of appreciation for the things that are going well for you.
Remember we are what we repeatedly do – Aristotle
Check out this link for more ideas: www.thelawofattraction.com/10-things-remember-youre-feeling-stuck-life/